1. ARRIVE AT LEAST 15 MINUTES BEFORE EACH TRYOUT BEGINS!
Especially for the first session! Tryouts begin at 5:30 pm or 7:00 pm. That means the soccer begins at 5:30 or 7:00 pm. Each player needs to check in and get their tryout shirt before being sent to play.
2. BE PREPARED! Each player needs a correctly sized ball (2007 – 2011 birth years use a Size 4, older players need a Size 5), shin guards, cleats and water.
3. PARK IN THE SENIOR LOT AT RHS. The Senior Lot is opposite the bus shelter. DO NOT stop and drop on Raider Road. There will be way too much traffic for that – it will be unsafe. Please walk your player from the Senior Lot and access the fields using the stairs between Encke and Prevost. We will have tables set up to check in.
4. Each player will receive a new gray randomly numbered tryout shirt. The number has nothing to do with the number on the player’s uniform for the season – it is used by the trainers for the evaluations. The shirts will also double as the player’s training shirt during the season. We are happy to recognize the generous donation to the club made by Lyft by placing its logo on the tryout/training shirts.
5. Tryouts will be conducted by the Samba coach for that age group. Those assignments have been posted to our website. Our Director of Soccer Alan Mezger and Director of Coaching Kirk Johnson will assist in the evaluations, as will other trainers.
6. Please feel free to stay and watch tryouts. If you choose to stay, please stay on the Raider Road side of the fence at Encke (we suggest the concrete seating area or metal bleachers) or the stands at Prevost.
To download the tryout plan, click here. Plans for subsequent tryouts will be finalized based on the results of the first session.